Experienced web application developer
At Next Apps, we love a good challenge – and variety is our greatest source of energy. We develop web applications for both well-known companies and entrepreneurs who are just starting out. As we’re planning to increase our focus on web projects, we are currently looking for a Web Application Developer who wants to grow with us in frontend development.
What does our Web Application Developer do?
As a Web Application Developer at Next Apps, you do more than build apps based on functional analyses – although that’s of course your main responsibility. You often work on your own, but you’re also firmly embedded in the team. And we take teamwork very seriously.
During daily stand-ups, we put our heads together to make timely adjustments to projects, to tackle problems and to share advice. You review your colleagues’ code, and they check yours in return, so you should be good at giving feedback as well as receiving it. You are a critical thinker, and we love you for it.
Finally, you research how to implement software updates or new technologies in your code.
What we expect from you
- You bring some experience to the table – or rather, to the team. You’re either a medior or a senior profile who is able to lead projects.
- You’re eager to learn and you want to expand your app developing skills. After all, you’re passionate about emerging technologies in web development.
- You’re no stranger to frontend frameworks like Vue.js and Angular.
- You write SASSy CSS or do LESS with more.
What’s in it for you
- A competitive salary package with interesting fringe benefits, such as a MacBook Pro, a mobile subscription, meal vouchers and eco vouchers, group insurance, a public transportation pass, bike allowance and a yearly budget for conferences.
- The company of fantastic colleagues.
- The trust you deserve, a lot of room for initiative and for old-fashioned fun. That’s what you get for joining a Great Place to Work.
- A cosy office near the Lokeren railway station, and the possibility to work from home for up to two days a week.
- Interesting and diverse projects for ditto companies.
- We never work on the same project for months on end, so you’re in for quite a bit of variation, and for some interesting challenges.
- Inspiration: we organise a Demo Friday every month (to introduce our projects to each other) or a Lightning Talk (to exchange ideas).
Who are we?
Since 2014, Next Apps has been creating mobile apps and web applications that make people’s lives easier. Our apps each serve up to thousands of users, both in Belgium and abroad. Because we want both our design and functionalities to be as simple and as easy to use as possible, we carefully think things through at the start of every project.
Together with six like-minded agencies, we are 62MILES, a group that combines a wide range of marketing and technical disciplines. In addition to Next Apps, the group consists of mortierbrigade (integrated communications), Onlyhumans (content and performance), Fantastic (employer branding), meetmarcel (live experiences), Code d’Or (digital platforms and websites) and Today (branding).