UI designer who puts ease of use first
At Next Apps, we create apps that are visually appealing and, most importantly, make sense for everyone who uses them. For that, we count on our UX & UI Designers. They focus on the interaction between the app and its users, taking the user experience to the next level. Would you like to help define the visual style and flow of our apps as a UI Designer?
What do our UI Designers do all day?
As our UI designer, you focus on the user interface – the look and feel of the app – relying on your knack for visual design. Which buttons, images, fonts, … complete the design of the application? That’s your call. You color outside the lines from time to time, but you always keep the customer’s needs in mind.
Together with our analyst, you create a roadmap for the developers on our team, so they can make the app come to life as you picture it.
Our ideal UI Designer in a nutshell
- You have at least three years of experience in digital product creation. You also know the best practices of UX design like the back of your hand.
- You’re not afraid to share and defend your opinion, but you agree with our vision that the best idea should always win.
- You and design tools like Figma, Sketch and Vision are a match made in heaven. But you want to keep on developing your skills and expanding your horizon.
- You are an excellent planner who is capable of distinguishing between primary and secondary issues.
- You’re confident creating a design and branding from scratch, but you just as easily build on an existing design or visual style.
What we’ve got to offer
- A competitive salary package with interesting fringe benefits, such as a MacBook Pro, a mobile subscription, meal vouchers and eco vouchers, group insurance, a public transportation pass, bike allowance and a yearly budget for conferences.
- A cosy office near the Lokeren railway station, and the possibility to work from home for up to 2 days a week.
- The company of fantastic colleagues.
- The trust you deserve, a lot of room for initiative and for old-fashioned fun. That’s what you get for joining a Great Place to Work.
- Interesting and diverse projects for ditto companies.
- We never work on the same project for months on end, so you’re in for quite a bit of variation, and for some interesting challenges.
- Inspiration: we organise a Demo Friday every month (to introduce our projects to each other) or a Lightning Talk (to exchange ideas).
What we stand for
Since 2014, Next Apps has been creating mobile apps and web applications that make people’s lives easier. Our apps each serve up to thousands of users, both in Belgium and abroad. Because we want both our design and functionalities to be as simple and easy to use as possible, we carefully think things through at the start of every project.
Together with six like-minded agencies, we are 62MILES, a group that combines a wide range of marketing and technical disciplines. In addition to Next Apps, the group consists of mortierbrigade (integrated communications), Onlyhumans (content and performance), Fantastic (employer branding), meetmarcel (live experiences), Code d’Or (digital platforms and websites) and Today (branding).